Which half to choose??

I am toying with the idea of running my first half marathon sometime. Some of my fellow Asha runners are doing the Disney's Princess Half Marathon on January 8th '12. They have some really cute medals and I think I want one for myself. The other option I have is the Gainesville half in February '12. 

The dilemma - I might be in India during the first one and second might be too close to Gate River Run. There is no way I am giving up on GRR! I will have to decide sometime soon. Meanwhile I am back to running regularly. This past week was a good one - 3 3milers and a fast 2 mile in the middle of the week - I am feeling good about my stamina which seems to be improving. 


Earlier this week was the Melon Run, 3 miler conducted by Florida Track Club on 4th of July every year. I did my PR 28.01 and still had the energy to run strong through the week. The cool and sweet melons were a treat after the run. I really wanted to get a long run over the weekend and also bump up my mileage, but laziness consumed me. This was one free weekend I had after ages. Though I have promised myself I am not doing this again and from next week I am doing my long runs on the weekends!

Hope next week is just as great!!